Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Cat Lover

Fur - like spiderwebs ungrounded - flutters
In wisps as thick as my palm yet insubstantial;
Floats upon the near stillness of the air
Away, through my grasping fingertips.

My intent in capturing these ephemeral and
irritating leavings is to gather them into a tightly knit ball in
The palm of my hand.
I want to make them have meaning.
I want to crush them into useful solidity.
Most of the time, I just want them to go away.

Individual fibers like
fur,
hair,
dander, and
skin cells are
Significant.
When not properly collected and disposed of, they infiltrate
Every aspect of your environment - both internal and external.
In rare occasions, they wreak havoc beyond their customary
Annoying presence.

Yet, if we collect them, drive them to a new purpose
They can be useful
To warm us when we are cool
To soften our senses

No comments:

Post a Comment